Tuesday 1 January 2008

Change

Its that time of the year again, choosing that one word that I will live the next year by, the word that sums up how I want to be this next year, where my focus will be.

And my word for the year?

CHANGE

Last year was a big year of change; things felt like they were often changing at a rapid pace. However, it mostly happened to me rather than me making fully conscious choices. For instance, I had no choice about leaving my twenties and the changes that brings! OK, some changes I made WERE conscious, but I also feel at times it was all rather haphazard and random!

I also watched a lot of people in my life going through some major life changes. Mid way through the year I posted in September about how I felt like everything was up in the air and I was waiting for the pieces to fall and settle so i could re-adjust to the change. Well, the pieces have landed, so its time to see whats what, to reflect on the change and to see what change I still need to make.

I was a bit worried about making "change" my word for the year as the word could have a pretty big focus. But it felt right to choose it regardless, so I went with the instinct! Perhaps the first thing is to reflect on the changes that have occurred. As of yet, I'm not too sure what the changes will be, well, with the exception of a few!! But, hey, I have a WHOLE NEW YEAR of blogging in order to talk about that!

"CHANGE - an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another"

This really resonates with me....... and that is why I know I have chosen my word well......

No comments: