Tuesday 8 January 2008

Celebrate solitude



"It seems that what the body does, the mind soon follows. When we are in solitude, ideas flow almost effortlessly. Our muse is but a deep breath and a long slow walk away."

I have spent this evening having my own private pyjama party. Only one person was invited, the person whose company I enjoy the most...... ME!
I drank peppermint tea from my spotty cup with the stripy saucer, mindfully ate dark chocolate, and watched Amelie, my favourite film of all time, in my spotty pyjamas, under the dark red bedspread with the fire roaring and the rain coming down in buckets outside. Feeling cosy and warm and content. I have forgotten how good it is to spend time on my own, revelling in my own company, filling my time with things that inspire me. And I SO love Amelie. It makes me feel inspired and at ease with the world.

I often spend a lot of time trying to make sure I keep up with my connections and commitments to friends and family, but what tonight has shown me is that i mustn't forget to spend lots of quality time with somebody extremely important.


MYSELF

No comments: