Monday 19 February 2007

Reminiscence (or "clearing your clutter pt 2)

Today I have been over at Mums sorting out a big box of my stuff which has been stored at hers since she moved in. (All a part of my recent "life sorting" kick)

I have to say, I'm really glad i used to be a horder, because as well as a massive bunch of junk, I have also kept all the important stuff! SO! Today, I have mostly been......

*Feeling all nostalgic after sorting through a load of my beautiful dresses I just couldn't bear to part with..... and also feeling a little depressed at just how TINY some of them are. Was i ever a dress size 8 - 10????
*Feeling all fond of my 13/14 year old self as I read through my old diary..... ah! The pain of being a teenager!
*Loving looking at pictures of myself as a young 'un!
*Feeling relief and pure joy that i did not throw out a heap of nostalgia clothes that i thought i had junked! Highlights included..... my green shiney college shirt, my kiwi trousers, my MAYC hat and my tartan skirt (dammit! I want to wear it and its a size 12!!!)
*Looking at my old GCSE art coursework and realising that I dont draw enough. I am a bit scared of drawing as I have this fear that I am not very good at it, but looking back at my old work, its pretty darned good! Guess i had less fear factor then!

Memories!

No comments: