Tuesday 20 February 2007

Letter writing revolution.....

Another thing that has struck me whilst clearing out the box of stuff is how much the art of letter writing is slipping away from us.... I have literally HUNDREDS of old letters and postcards that i have kept over the years from friends and family. It felt lovely looking through some of them, and I'm looking forward to a quiet Sunday afternoon with nothing to do where i can sit down with a coffee and immerse myself in them properly.

I know we all had more time when we were younger to write, but its sad that I don't get letters too often now. There is nothing like the excitiment of receiving a letter throught the post rather than just a pile of bills. I know emails are easier, but there is nothing quite like a letter. I'm going to make it my mission to send out as many letters and postcards to people i love this year! Can I start a "snail mail" revolution??


2 comments:

Laura said...

I'll join you! I miss letters too :)

路边的麦兜 said...

i agree with you, i miss the days with so many letters, it's lovely.