Wednesday 7 November 2007

Post Exhibition Musings

We took the exhibition down on Sunday. It was weird, it came down so quickly, and then it was all over. Felt a bit sad I guess. The exhibition had been such a massive part of my life (if only for a month!) and it felt like the gallery was not my territory anymore once the walls were blank and empty again..... I feel i need to keep my connection with the gallery though, as who knows where it could lead me in the future.

Overall, the exhibition was a MASSIVE success. I ended up selling 11 pieces, the best sale being to a stranger who ended up buying not one but TWO paintings. That always feels like major validation when your work is appreciated on its merit alone. I also had my 15 minutes of fame with lots of local press coverage. Apparently my interview was broadcast on Star radio (althought, thankfully, I never heard it!) and this picture appeared in the Weston mercury with a write up.





















SO am now wondering where the next exhibition opportunities and sales will come from, and what direction my work will take now..... literally watch this space! And I must remember to put together my visitors book/scrapbook.....

No comments: