Wednesday 7 November 2007

And where to start? With a Wedding?

As I said, these last few months have been huge! Some major events have happened, and I guess I am only just beginning to reflect on them. So what better place to reflect than here?!

Mums wedding took place on Thursday 25th of October. I must admit that I had lots of mixed feelings leading up to the wedding, not because I don't like Phil, but just because I was experiencing lots of stirred up emotion connected with my Daddy..... but thats another story and one that I won't go into here as the emotion is private. But put it this way, i managed to exorcise a lot of this feeling the night before with a large glass of vodka!

And then the day came..... and it was wonderful. I thought Mum looked beautiful and radiant, and all the photos show just how happy she is! I thought I was going to lose it during the music when the West Side Story track was played, and I did a little, but managed to hold it together enough to do my reading, which, again was lovely and very emotional.

You are my husband
You are my wife
My feet shall run because of you
My feet shall dance because of you
My heart shall beat because of you
My eyes see because of you
My mind thinks because of you
And I shall love because of you.


The day proved to be cathartic in terms of welcoming Phil into the family. I think he is great, but it has also been a period of adjustment having someone new around.

I also managed to do a speech at the reception, where I was able to say all of these things too. It felt good.

And here are a few of my favourite snaps from the day......







No comments: