Sunday 18 November 2007

In my language

On Friday, I co-facilitated training for frontline staff working with autism. One of the things I came across through being recommended by my collegues on the challenging behaviour team was this video made by Amanda Baggs. Amanda has autism, and made this video to communicate how she feels about the way she can be viewed.

Its amazing, and made me cry at the end.

If you are watching it, bear with it. The first part of the film will initially be strange, perhaps you might find it amusing, or difficult to watch. But the second half of this film simply MUST be watched in the context of the first section. There is not much more I can say, as the film says it all in a way much better than I ever could. But if anyone ever doubts why I do the work i do, watch this film. Or just watch it anyway.

ITS IMPORTANT

No comments: