Monday 24 September 2007

His Royal Purple Highness

So my birthday celebrations kicked off in considerable style with tickets to see prince playing at the O2 arena in London!

OH.....MY........FRICKIN..............GOD! It was amazing! So many hits, I danced my arse off and sung at the top of my lungs! The atmosphere was incredible! Without a shadow of a doubt, this was the best gig I have EVER been to! here is the setlist of justice and joy!

Let's Go Crazy
1999
I Feel For You
Controversy (with Housequake chant)
Shhh
Musicology (incl the line "Elton John gonna be there...you got to..call him!")
Prince & The Band
All Blues Miles Davis
What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong (including a line from the Elton song 'Your Song')

Prince solo piano set
Little Red Corvette
I Would Die 4 U
Under The Cherry Moon (instrumental)
Love Is A Losing Game Amy Winehouse (shared vocals with Shelby J.)
Satisfied
Diamonds & Pearls
The Beautiful Ones
Sometimes It Snows In April (OH MY!!)

Full Band
Cream
U Got The Look
Take Me With U
Guitar
Kiss
Purple Rain

Encore
Long & Winding Road (with Elton John) The Beatles
Crazy / Can't Get You Out Of My Head Gnarls Barkely/Kylie Minogue (Shelby J. vocal)
Nothing Compares 2 U
If I Was Your Girlfriend

Encore
Synth set
Bennie & The Jets' edit Elton John - Nasty Girl (sample) - Sign 'O' The Times - Soft & Wet (sample) - When Doves Cry - Alphabet Street - DMSR - Darling Nikki intro - Raspberry Beret

Encore
A Love Bizarre
Chelsea Rodgers

No comments: