Sunday 14 September 2008

Back to reality

Wow, I haven't done a post in AGES! How neglectful of me!

Well, I'm writing this the day after my 31st birthday. (Feels like yesterday I was writing that post for my 30th!) It was a great day, I went to a masked ball for the Weston Operatics Centenery celebrations last night. Always fab to put on a pretty dress, georgeous heels and then dance to live music while quffing vast quantities of free wine on ones birthday! I actually made the mask I am wearing, I don't think the pic here does it justice so will take some more photos of it, but I was really pleased with it and really enjoyed making it.




















It was a cracking night!

As for the exhibition which the previous post mentioned? Well, I could say lots, but lets just say that I learnt A LOT. I believed before I did this that any chance of getting my paintings on a wall was a good opportunity. Now I have learnt that in future I need to be much more selective, and only take on exhibitions if they are going to be good for me. This one left me with a lot of pieces to pick up!

Its been a busy few weeks, and I have been taking a breather today before launching back into it all tomorrow. I don't know what the year ahead holds, but I know I need to focus it on creativity and studio time, which is going to mean less time spent on the internet I think. I have a few opportunites coming up, including the Paintworks Autumn Art Market, which I am really looking forward to, but will require lots of work over the coming month to prepare for it. So, my aim is to hit that full pelt, and then spend the rest of the year "chilling out" a bit in creative terms, reading, walking, only doing things that interest me, exploring and being experimental. And probably a bit hermit like, as the winter months draw in. I also now have my EBay shop thanks to my wonderful husband, who works as hard at my art career as he does at his own!

Its amazing how quickly the year has gone.

I don't know what next year holds, but I think I want to focus much more energy on exhibiting. It feels important. But, like I said, only on my terms this time, and definately not with strange, aggressive, drunken dada-ists!!

No comments: