Saturday 13 June 2009

Catching Up

Ok, so I haven't blogged in SUCH a long time, but I think it is fair to say my brain has been engaged elsewhere!!

I have been really trying to focus on ME during the last few months of my pregnancy, but it is hard to focus when all of my energies are being drawn inwards towards the little life that is growing so big in my belly, and all the excitement, worry, fear and happiness that brings. Also, over the past couple of weeks I have found it even harder to think about myself and my creativity, as my baby was locked in a breech position, and I was dealing with issues around this, which I won't go into here, as I don't want to get TOO personal. Safe to say we had a very sucessful if pretty hardcore and traumatic appointment yesterday where my baby was turned. So now I can focus on an active birth, and try and think a bit more about me and my creativity!

Its hard to remember what else has been happening in my world since I last blogged. Arts week totally burned me out and left me unable and extremely unwilling to be in my studio. I went up there a couple of days ago though recently. I only painted for an hour, but it made me feel back in touch with my creative urges, and much more balanced. I am brimming with ideas, but really do need to get rid of all my old paintings that are hanging around. They feel pretty stale now, and are blocking the flow of new ideas. But its kind of hard to do anything about this right now! All I know is that I have a hankering to do an exhibition which is much more about exhibiting for exhibitings sake, rather than to try and flog canvasses. I have some ideas for some much more sculptural work, and feel a new direction coming on. Which is quite exciting. I also have absolutely no idea how long these ideas will take to come to life. Could be a year. Could be many more!! Lets welcome the new arrival into my world and go from there!

No comments: