Monday 5 May 2008

Camping musings

Had such a good weekend. It didn't matter that the weather wasn't great, it was just good to get away and be reminded yet again of why I love camping so much. Its all about living in the moment and getting back in touch with what you want to be doing and what your body needs, rather than rushing from place to place and being too busy to stop and think. And bad weather can sometimes add to the expereince I think. There is nothing quite like being tucked up in a warm bed with the the noise of the rain falling inches from your head, but knowing that you are warm and dry and cosy..... sigh! I love camping! I love sitting round a stove, fire or BBQ with friends, just talking and laughing and drinking late into the night, no need for TV or computers to provide entertainment. I love waking up really early, having no idea what time it is, but just getting up because it is light and I have heard that there is a brew imminent! I love being scruffy and not showering and not caring what I look like. I ESPECIALLY love getting home and then having the longest bath in the world, and then stepping out and feeling cleaner than I have ever felt......

I learnt to properly knit this weekend, and I intend to keep going with it. Don't know if I am going to be any good, but i plan to persevere and find out.

Also, i had a moment which I want to hang on to. Its difficult to explain, but it involved a frantic search for chocolate, the Jurrassic Park theme and laughing so hard because of a funny (yet too hard to describe) moment which tied all five people together in mutual hysterics. I remember turning to Dave and telling him how I wanted to record this moment somehow (the Ipod was playing "My baby just cares for me" by Nina Simone) and think back on it if I was ever feeling down in order to remind me that life is actually OK. I'm rambling, and the only other people who may get what I am saying are the four others who were there, but I felt really alive in this moment, and had a feeling that life is just sweet!

So, thanks to Dave, Dave, Lor and Ant for making this a great weekend. May it be the first of many adventures this summer!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thank you!! It was an absolute fab weekend, and an absolute fab moment to cherish. It will stay with me for a long, long time :)
L x