Tuesday 3 April 2007

Creative pause....

I saw this on Ali's site today, and it inspired me to have a think about how I'm doing with my word for the year.


Just to recap, the idea was to pick one word for the year, and try and live your life with this word as inspiration. Mine, obviously, was CREATE.
I think I'm doing good! I've generally been more proactive with my painting, and one sale and one commission under my belt so far this year is proof of this! There has also been the Saatchi competition entry, which encouraged me to publicise myself as much as I could. I have also done some scrapbooking which has been good, and made a "creative journal". The aim for me now is to use it more!
I think I'm getting there, but have more to achieve. I want to get all my paintings finished and then sort out my artroom so it is a much more creative-friendly space, I'd like an exhibition of my work before the year is out, and I need to work on making more time and space for creative endevours. A lot of this year so far has been about clearing, decluttering and sorting. Hopefully I should have all of that finished soon, so that more time is freed up.
And its going to be really important to keep up the momentum when I start my job and have less time on my hands. However, I will have more money, so its not all bad!!!

No comments: