Sunday 10 February 2008

The second goodbye

It hasn't happened yet...... but its imminent. My beautiful red bedroom is going. I have lost the war but won a battle in that at least it won't be magnolia'd, some of it will be very definately TEAL!!

I remember exactly how i felt when I saw this room on the first viewing. I fell head over heals in love with it, and KNEW I had to have this flat. I had always wanted to paint a room this colour, and here is was! Fate! I never thought it possible to fall in love with a space, but i did, and I am still passionate about it. But again, it has to go FOR THE GREATER GOOD......

This whole experience so far has been pretty traumatic and a real wrench. I had no idea how emotionally attached to the place I am until we started painting and decorating it. But now it is all about just getting through and getting it DONE. I want my space back, even if it has been magnolia'd beyond all recognition.....




No comments: