Tuesday 26 June 2007

Reflections on what a difference a (half a) year makes

I was thinking while I was driving to the in-laws (did I mention I passed my driving test!!) of the phrase "what a difference a year makes", but for me, its all turned around in less than that.

At the beginning of the year, I was just in the process of leaving the hated job in the psychiatric unit which left me demoralised and depressed, and I had no idea where my life was going. And I have so turned it around! In the space of just over 6 months, I have gone from the awfulness of signing on, into a fab new job as a speech therapy assistant, which I absolutley LOVE!!! Im now a driver,(which at one point it felt like I would NEVER achieve!) I am in a more creative place with my artwork than I have ever been, I have my first solo art show looming, and the future feels shiny and glittery! The place I am in at the moment is lightyears away from the place I was in at the beginning of the year. To top it all off, I am lucky enough to be still at the studio in my voluntary artist role, and life couldn't be better! Im excited about all the energy I will be able to throw into other projects now that the driving is sorted!

Did I also mention that my husband is absolutely the GREATEST MAN ALIVE?!?



No comments: